On June 6, 2015, thousands of people from across the United States will come together for National Day of Civic Hacking. The goal of National Day of Civic Hacking is for residents, community groups, and government to collaborate to make their communities stronger.
Potential Project Ideas:
• Building and Address Import for American Printing House
• Connecting Medicaid recipients to their money
• Finding homeless population for proper medical care
• Eligibility for government programs via text/app
• Real time TARC bus location signs at stops
• City and citizen communication and collaboration tool
• Adopt a Drain, partner with MSD, streamline applicaiton process
• Better tree care outreach
• Fire predictive modelling based on open data
The theme for National Day of Civic Hacking is Principles for 21st Century Government. We encourage events to organize around one or more of the Principles. In addition to the theme, we’ll be offering challenges for organizers to use at their events.
To find out more about what happened at last year’s National Day of Civic Hacking, check out the 2014 Report.
None to show